Unsettled Memories

After over two decades, I returned to my home state, which unsettled the memories in my mind and made them resurface, often prompted by sifting through boxes of collected items over the years. I realized I've come a long way. I look at photos of myself from days long gone, and wonder who is that girl? Did her dreams come true? Did she know where she was headed? Did she know she was loved, and that she loved many? I then look at people who were with me on my journey -- where are they now, in those cases when they are no longer in my life? In the sunlight, I see my shadows, and sometimes there are others with me. I may not see their shadows, but they are there. My journey is in motion; my life is not static; but, I wander, I wonder, I want.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

45 and Looking Back

Dating in Today's Online Crazy World