Christmas Blues

Alas ... one of the craziest things about not having kids and being divorced is that you are always expected to pull up your roots and go hang out in someone else's home turf for the holidays. This year, I'm just staying home. I hate being in airports most of the time and then never having a relaxing time to just unwind. My life is crazy enough.

Speaking of holidays, do you say "Merry Christmas," "Happy Hanukkah," "Blessed Kwanzaa," "Season's Greetings," "Peace on Earth" or just plain "Happy Holidays?" BAH HUMBUG! Why do I need the stress of trying to figure out what strangers, co-workers, and friends are celebrating during December? Hell, I barely know what my family thinks. My siblings and I grew up Mormon--half of us are generic Christians (my brothers); the others (me and my sisters) are just "spiritual" or agnostic. Why do we have to be so politically correct? Frankly, I don't care. I simply treasure my own private memories of family get-togethers when I was a child. I guess I kind of understand Jehovah's Witnesses when it's this time of year; you know, they don't designate specific times like birthdays, anniversaries and holidays for celebration. Rather, they believe in honoring life as it takes place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

45 and Looking Back

Dating in Today's Online Crazy World

One Good Deed Deserves Another