Dating after 40 when you still look 30

I just woke up--figuratively, of course, as my regular routine is to wake up as early as 6 AM and walk my new puppy. One of the benefits of getting older (and I state the word "older" only in the literal sense of the word as I look -- or think I look -- 10 years younger than my actual physical age!) is having life experiences on which to reflect and ponder. What hit me today was that, because I have experienced it, I know that one can have sustainable passion with a person over a long period of time. What also occurred to me is that, unfortunately, one can also stay with a person WAY too long, resulting in an unnecessary drain of energy and waste of the precious moments available in this life. The problem is, you hit a certain age where everyone seems to be married or hooked up with a significant other. In college, it was so easy--we were surrounded by people who were in a similar position--single and looking. What gives? Online dating is SO superficial. Yeah, I look good, but I sure ain't 25 anymore. Yet, on the flip side, I have noticed that I keep getting asked out by 27-year-old guys. Problem is, they usually don't have the "basics" -- you know, a car, a steady job, an understanding that life takes some work.

Indeed, I am a woman in my early 40s, but I ain't 'fessing as everyone thinks I'm in my early 30s! Oh well, another day, another search amidst my day-to-day activities keeping my business on pace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

45 and Looking Back

Dating in Today's Online Crazy World

One Good Deed Deserves Another